Why You Should Consider Dating Online
Last week, I've tried to ask a couple of friends if they've tried online dating at some point. Among my girlfriends, about 1 in 4 said yes, but in men-- almost none at all. Well, one actually just broke up with his girlfiend. I believe he's still in the "I want her back" stage so I let him be. Will ask him again some other time. A lot of men in their 20s and 30s are wary of trying out online dating. For some reason, they get the feeling that online dating is for retirees and creeps looking for girls who are either looking for a paid hookup or the weird women who go out in their hair rollers.
However, there is a good reason why men – the young, robust, and confident ones, yes – should actually think about getting a dose of online dating. But please, avoid these mistakes at all cost! Others have taken the step and surprisingly, they are happy (perhaps happier than most others). Some of them have even ended up in wonderful, happy marriage.
Plus, online dating has its own benefits that you can hardly get from traditional dating. If you have seen these steps on meeting women - a short guide from SIBG, check out my list of why you, Gents and Gents, should start looking for a good dating site today:
1. It is practically cheaper. If you’re on minimum to a little above median wage, online dating might actually suit you better than hanging out in bars all night. The amount of women you get to meet and mingle with for an hour sitting alone or with friends in a pub probably isn’t even close to half the number of girls you meet online. You find women living a few blocks from you without having to leave your couch or buy her a drink or girls who could be in the same workplace you didn’t even know existed.
2. It’s safer. Until you end up meeting face-to-face, you are free from gold digging girls who are after your pocket. Your chances of not screwing it up is very likely. They cannot do you any harm as long as you practice safety precautions (no giving out of home addresses, bank statements, family tree, ex-girlfriends, and no nudity).
3. You don’t need to look great or smell great. Unless you find someone worthy of several hundreds of bucks on dinner plus an expensive suit and a David Beckham-worthy perfume, you don’t need to make effort on your general appearance for online dating. Okay, you may need to at least look clean and presentable if you are going to meet the girl on cam, but she won’t know you’ve been wearing the same shirt and jeans for a week. (Plus, the web camera has special magic that makes people look more attractive…some weird sort of Skype sorcery)
4. For the shyer ones, it is the easier way. You don’t need to show them your weird case of nerves until you finally meet face to face. You won’t look like a dork spot on and basically you can have less awkward conversations and get the chance to know someone by the way you guys talk (and show your personality without being taken over by shyness).
5. Girls your age are actually doing the exact same thing. Yes, believe it or believe it, a lot of girls in their 20s and 30s are starting to venture out into online dating. They’ve found it cheaper and more convenient and safer (in a sense, given, still, that they practice proper online etiquette, demeanor and safety precautions) way of meeting men for possible relationships.
So would you try it out? Is that a yes? Yes. You know you should.Smile!